Sunday, January 4, 2015

Meal Planning Jan 4 - Jan 9

It's only been a couple of days into the new year and I'm doing great with my resolutions! It's only the first week, but hey - it's a start! 4 of my 6 goals (that's what I've been calling my resolutions for a few years now) are health/fitness related which seems a bit strange. I guess that is where my focus is at this stage in my life.

Uncas and I spent some time getting our budget set up and finalized this week. We have decided to use cash for our "fun/weekend" spending and that also includes eating out. We've set up a type of envelope system to fit with our goals. We'll be tracking our grocery bills more carefully. And by more carefully, I mean, we are actually going to track and actively work to bring them down!

Last week we did really well sticking with our meal plan and I'm hoping this week will be just as easy. I've only listed meals through Thursday. This weekend we have my father-in-law visiting, so I haven't quite firmed up the meals. I'll be posting those later this week. I'm also hoping to post a recipe (with pictures of my darling little helpers) later this week and it's not dinner or healthy - what a way start the new year :-)

And now here is the meal plan for the week:

Sunday (1/4) - Roasted Vegetables Stuffed Shells with homemade French Bread

Monday (1/5) - Simple Thai Peanut Noodle Stir Fry

Tuesday (1/6) - Black Bean Tacos roughly based on this recipe and leftover Mexican Rice

Wednesday (1/7) - Homemade Pizza and salad

Thursday (1/8) - Lemon Chicken Pasta with Broccoli and Garlic Bread (made from the French Bread on Sunday)

Thanks for reading and happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment