Sunday, January 11, 2015

Meal Planning Jan 9-13

Well, this is a little late - we've already made over half the meals already. Since we had a guest this weekend (my father-in-law), I did another set of meal plans and grocery shopping. It actually has worked out pretty well because after 5 days or so, we are running low on fresh fruits and veggies. I'm thinking we'll need to do this more frequently.

The meal board in our kitchen looks slightly different than what I am listing here. Uncas suffered a blow to the face, literally, playing soccer this morning, so he needed some soft food to chew for dinner. I've just switched a couple of nights, which isn't uncommon for us to do. The great thing about this change is that it kept us motivated to stay on track, because tonight's dinner is a huge favorite!

Meal Plan:

Friday (1/9) - Baked Potato Soup with homemade French Rolls

Saturday (1/10) - Grilled Flank Steak with roasted butternut squash and sauteed green beans

Sunday (1/11) - Crockpot Mac and Cheese with roasted root veggies (parsnips, turnips, carrots and yellow potatoes)

Monday (1/12) - Slow Cooker Butter Chicken with Rice

Tuesday (1/13) - Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and any other veggie I can find

Now I should get cracking with my next round of meal planning!  Thanks for reading and happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment