Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year End Week

Phew - with Christmas behind us, I'm glad to get the house back to normal.We still have way too many sweets around, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it also means that I don't have any reason to bake :-(

Uncas is off work all this week, which is great. It also means that our meal plan is a little bit different - especially with New Years Eve thrown in the mix too. Although having him home means more help around when it comes to meals. Normally when he makes a meal, its on the weekend because during the week it is far too rushed for him to get home from work and cook. We eat early because of the kids (5:30 pm), so this week I enjoyed a break mid-week.

Here's the meal plan:

Monday (12/29) - Rosemary White Bean Soup and homemade French Bread
          *notes - I don't have a source from this recipe. I received it in a big binder of recipes when I got married. I plan on featuring it because it's something that we only tried recently and it's a hit. It's also meatless and gluten free which was perfect because we had my uncle over who doesn't eat gluten

Tuesday (12/30) - Curry Chicken with rice - Uncas made this meal and he combined a couple of recipes. I hope to share soon because we all like it a lot.

Wednesday (12/31) - Broadway Pizza - it's our favorite local place. We often do carryout and given our new budget decisions for 2015, we won't be having it as frequently :-(

Thursday (1/1) - Leftover Lasagna from my mom

Friday (1/2) - Spring Green Fried Rice

Saturday (1/3) - Chicken Enchiladas with Mexican Rice - We are having company and I haven't decided which enchiladas recipe I'll be using yet.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year's Eve! What are your special dinner traditions for NYE? Anyone favorite chicken enchilada recipe? Thanks for reading and happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment